The Cammal and Black Forest Railroad Loop starts at a public parking area in the Tiadaghton State Forest known as Pump Station. To find Pump Station, travel PA Route 44 North about 13 miles from the 664 junction at Haneyville, Lycoming County. Turn right between a row of tall spruce trees at the Manor Fork Road/Recreational Parking Sign, and park in the lot just beyond the two white hunting camps. The loop trail begins on the old Gas Line Trail, which begins at the yellow gate along Manor Fork Road (right) just beyond the parking area. This day hike offers several amazing views of the Pine Creek Valley, as well as an interesting tour of an 1890’s switchback RR. Built in the 1890’s, it hauled timber from the densely wooded Black Forest region to the sawmill in Cammal. The railroad grade parallels Naval Run, a pretty stream adorned by several small waterfalls and the deep shade of native hemlocks. This loop also shares a section of the ruggedly beautiful Black Forest Trail, a 42 mile backpacking loop that is as challenging as it is scenic.